martedì 5 novembre 2013

Road to a new demo, thoughts troubling me, and stuff in general

Hi guys.
The game development has started officially.
So far I realized a brief intro that will lead straight to the first N-Wrestle match (the one you already saw in the last demos).

So my will is to produce another demo (the last one before the actual release of the game) that should include the first day of the real game. Should not take long because would be just a tweaking and refining of how saw so far with the addition of new maps, characters and sex scenes.

Talking about numbers in the next demo you should see:

The intro of the game;
The N-Wrestle match with Nanami;
The humiliation times for either the girl victory;
Some new locations;
A couple of sex scenes;
A little dungeon with the black man boss waiting at its end;

Uhm... maybe it will takes more time than I expected.

Yes... I'm worryed
And now I'd want to talk about a couple of things worrying me.
First one is related to the size of the file I released so far. Working with PNG images makes all very demanding about space. As you likely noticed the last demo was already 50megs. Assuming that the demo represents just a 5% of the actual game the size of the final release could be... gargantuan!
That's really worrying me a bit, as a huge gamefile size could in the end limit the appeal and the diffusion of my game.
The only way to save space would be limit in some way the number of PNG files in the game, but how?
Limit them would make the game more "poor" and I don't want to limit their number in the N-Wrestle matches. I could make the normal sex scenes and the GOR more simple using a less number of images, but in the end I'd lose variety in order to save a not worthy amount of space.
Indeed I'm pretty uncertain about this.
What do you think?
Shoud I limit the PNG images to save space or simply screw over it and make all that I want but presenting you a final release over 1gig?

That's takes me to my second reason of worrying.
Either the post on ULMF that the blog had a fair share of view.
Unfortunately I cannot know how much people downloaded the demos 'cause the main link, the mega one, does not has a tracking function, but I can assume a good amount of people had view it so far.
However I'd liked to have more feedback from users.
I know that hentai games are home of long time lurkers, but I really like to know what people thinks about my work and if the direction taken is good or not.
So, if you have spare time, don't be shy and share your thoughts without any fear.
I won't bite you... (maybe)!

Other stuff
In the last days I've posted almost daily updating about the progressing of the last demo. I did it because i really don't like when on others blogs, the developers stay silent for long period of times making us afraid about a possible cancellation of a game we followed for weeks.
On the other hands daily post will come with low improvement in the development.
So, I'm asking to you:
do you prefer daily updates about my work, or maybe a weekly update is less annoying and more satisfying (or rather you are not interested and don't want any update)?
Let me know.

Well I think that's enough for now.
Thanks and see you soon

ShinX

2 commenti:

  1. Not sure if this will work...Not good with laguages other than English or Japanese you see and for the life of me, cannot tell if this site be in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or what not.
    Either case, yes, standard Lurker for you here hailing from Japan. Since you asked, I must say that I am quite enjoying your little project.
    For file size, I say to hell with concerning yourself with file size. Quality over quantity I say. If it still bothers you, perhaps release them in episodes? Not sure how that will translate in the RPG element though. Never developed a game before so don't know.
    In either case you will find a consumer in me. 1+ GB? Heh, no problem. I'll just have to let this poor fellow PC of mine on for a bit longer.
    I tend to not care if there are no updates unless something new comes up such as a new demo. I go through my bookmarks whenever I get the chance to see if there is anything new and if there be none, I just close tab. Not an issue. If you want to do it weekly, I will read it when I get the chance. Daily, ditto, I rather have you work on the project you want to do rather than worry about appeasing us Lurkers about technical detail as to the process of your wishes.
    Besides, less time posting means more time making is it not?
    Does that cover what you need of us thankless consumers? Hope it helps.

    P.S. Liking every aspect of the game so far. No complaints yet.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Oh, feedback. I like the game - too few games with this concept out there.
    For file size: I'm not worried - I think mega takes quite large files, and in the worst case, there's always bittorrent. Maybe you can shrink the images down a little by using a set of backgrounds and compositing that with foreground images of only the characters - but that may not work well with the varying scenes...

    Random suggestions:
    - In the N-Wrestle, consider showing what action the other character selected and maybe the combat roll, to make it more obvious to see strengths/weaknesses
    - Consider a "gallery mode" with all possible moves, so you don't have to keep re-playing a battle to see all the actions
    - In the "normal" fights, if you can do the scripting, maybe make it so a sex attack takes several turns - this will upset balance, but leads to interesting situations of a party member "tanking" the big scary boss for a few turns. Also may lead to "help ally" or "seduce enemy" actions
    - I'm a sucker for good icons (or modified character pictures) to represent combat status, not sure if that rpgmaker version can do them, though...

    On the update frequency: Update when you feel like it. You're in my RSS thingy, so I'll pick up the update soon. That said, if you want to do weekly updates to stay motivated, that's good too.

    RispondiElimina